Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Peace

I have been dwelling on verses from the Gospel of John all morning, reminding myself that though the world is falling apart, I still have an Anchor to the Solid Rock of Jesus Christ. Here are just a few of the verses. I won't give any commentary on them, as they don't need any. Just let the Word of God speak to your heart.

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14:1-3).

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27).

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).

Yes, only in Jesus, the Prince of Peace, can we ever find perfect peace and rest. Let's turn to Him with our whole hearts!

Blessings,
Melody

No comments: