Thursday, February 10, 2011

Adventure is Out There!

Some days, I think to myself, "I want to do something really adventurous...something spectacular with my life." And then I remember that I'm a mother...and that's just about the greatest adventure there is.

It was once said that "The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world." And that, my friends, is a sobering, but true statement. I have a great responsibility laid on these shoulders of bringing up my baby to be a godly young woman of virtue. In some respects, I will have more to do with influencing her life for either good or evil than any other person, as I am with her 24/7. WOW. How dare I not think that motherhood is an adventure!

Yes, this is my adventure. This is my spectacular feat. Motherhood. Attempting to lead a young life toward and in the paths of righteousness. A Proverbs 31:10-31 life. Wow.

May the Lord help me!

No comments: