Friday, December 17, 2010

News for this week...

Just a quick update for y'all--which will probably be the last one until after Christmas...

On Wednesday, I officially finished all of my Christmas sewing, and have all the gifts bought, Christmas cards send out, house decorated, etc. This means that for the first time ever, I have practically two whole weeks to just enjoy myself and enjoy this time of year without all the hustle and bustle of last minute shopping (which I don't shopping like at all--unless I'm shopping for the baby, and then watch out!), and running hither and yon for different things.

Yesterday, I started cutting out a dress for Danielle. This will be the first dress that I have made for her. (I'll post a picture of the completed dress once it's finished.)


She had fun playing with scraps of fabric on the floor while I sewed.

I managed to get quite a bit of it sewn yesterday evening, and tried it on Danielle to make sure it was going to fit. I think she liked it--that, or she's a typical girl who loves trying on new clothes. :-P

Today, I did my morning chores around the house (dishes, vacuuming, laundry, etc.) sewed some more on Danielle's dress, and then my friend Rebecca came over with her daughter, Arielle. Our two babies had a fun time playing together. Although, at first, Danielle (who doesn't often have another baby to play with) didn't know what to think about Arielle, and just stared at her. But after a while, they both got to talking (as most girls do!), and seemed to make up their minds to be friends. It was rather cute. :-)

This evening I will go to my siblings' piano recital, and tomorrow begins Christmas for us (yippee!). We start with spending the day with Donald's parents and sister tomorrow, then Christmas #2 will be next Thursday with my Dad's family, with Christmas #3 on Friday with Donald's maternal family, #4 on Saturday (Christmas Day) with my family and Mom's family, and #5 on Sunday with Donald's paternal side of the family--with each one being in a different location. And yes, I know that's a lot of traveling, but at least we get to see everyone! I'm just hoping Danielle will survive all the long car rides--and be happy about it too. We shall see.

Anyway... If you don't hear from me before then, Merry Christmas, y'all!

Blessings,
Melody

No comments: