Monday, October 11, 2010

Thought for the day...

I just read a quote by Randy Alcorn (one of my favorite modern Christian authors), and found it really thought provoking, so I thought I would share it.

"God says, "Hate what is evil; cling to what is good" (Rom. 12:9). This passage presumes we know the difference between good and evil. But in a culture that so often switches the price tags so that what's valuable looks worthless and what's cheap demands a high price, this doesn't come naturally. We must regularly withdraw to Scripture and ask God's Spirit to train our minds and consciences."

So true... May God grant each of us the discernment to know the difference between the valuable and the worthless--the good and the evil.

Blessings,
Melody

1 comment:

Nicole Mureiko said...

So true! Daily, moment by moment we must seek the Lord, asking, knocking, requesting of Him to help us practice discernment in all areas of life.

I will be praying for such discernment for you and Donald as you raise your new little one unto the Lord, and pray for John and me as we seek the Lord for the same.

Love in Him,
Nicole (Lawrence) Mureiko