Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Harp Exam!

Just a quick note to let you all know that I passed my Grade 6 harp exam with Merit! As poorly as I did in the exam, that surprised me. Not that I didn't know my stuff...it was just that I was sick and was also so nervous that my hands would not stop shaking. But, I remembered the advice of many teachers, and just kept plodding through, and did not stop. :-)

God is gracious! :-D

Due to the advice of my very wise and thoughtful teacher--Miss Anna Knight, I will not be taking exams this fall. After attending a WONDERFUL harp masterclass, we both agreed that it would be advisable for me to put exams aside for a while, and focus more on technique. This is good news for many reasons, but the main ones that are coming to mind right now, are the facts that (1) I do not know how long it will take me to fully recover from that car accident, and (2) this will allow Donald to have a stress-free wife for a while. :-)

Anyway, just thought I'd post that right quick. Now my back is complaining from my sitting at the computer to write this, so I shall bid you adieu until next time, and go back to my comfy chair and my book. :-) (And Julie, just so you know, while I've been confined to the sofa, I have been reading some of our favorites: Ishmael and Self Raised. They definitely help pass the time. Now, I just need to see if I can get my hands on a copy of "What Katy Did" for old time's sake.) ;-)

Oh, and just so you all know, I've been seeing the chiropractor regularly, and he says that I have much improved over the last week and a half, and that I am far better than he expected me to be. Course, when I heard that, I thought, "If I'm still feeling bad, but am better than he expected, I don't even want to know what he expected..." But again, God is abundantly gracious and merciful. :-)

Ta Ta For Now,
Melody

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yay Melody!! I bet you're so relieved to have the exam over - and congrats on your score! We'll keep you in our prayers for quick recovery from you accident injuries.
Blessings,
Kate for the Bridges

Julie said...

Yeah for Melody on your harp exam!

Glad you're enjoying your book. You inspired me to go back and read it (yet again!). Actually, I've got my Grandma reading it right now and she agrees....it's really good!

Hope you're feeling better!

Love,
Julie